From France to the US: the Global Pitch Competition takes off!
In January NextGen hosted the first pitch competition for start-ups wanting to go global was launched with NextGen and SelectUSA: The Global Growth Launchpad. More than 50 start-ups from diverse fields applied for a chance to compete and win the global growth prize package, which included two round trip tickets to the U.S., a soft landing business tour, office space in three tech-centric locations, legal advice, and much more – all thanks to the NextGen partners SelectUSA, United Airlines and DLA Piper.
Forbes Magazine covered the event and you can read their take on the event on their website.
On January 21st 2016, 8 finalists presented on stage their pitch to a jury panel made up of:
– Olivier Attia, Entrepreneur and Co-Fonder, Spark Labs
– Corinne Colloc’h, Head of Corporate Development, Airbus Group
– Emmanuel El Medioni, Counsel, DLA Piper
– Christopher Kramme, Head of EMEA Corporate Network, BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking
– Reginald Miller, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, U.S. Embassy
Tatiana Jama was awarded the winning prize for her company Selectionnist which monetizes media ads, creating a platform that guides fashion customers in shopping for an item they saw in a style magazine. In fact, by “flashing” the item, customers will be advised on where and how to buy such item, making Selectionnist a great connector between the printed press and eCommerce.